labruscagrape - Re: [OFEX] Mississauga

labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Ontario Fruit Explorers

  • From: "bert dunn" <helbert@idirect.com>
  • To: "Ontario Fruit Explorers" <labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [OFEX] Mississauga
  • Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 09:29:37 -0500

Good morning
My 2 cents worth--- Tom knows my position here.
There are so many of grape varieties able to take-30'C & winds that I'm
still confulzilcated on why anyone tries to grow varieties that are on the
knife edge of death in winter (I'm a special exception of course). If in the
past 8 years your area has had-25'C, then only grow varieties that
take -26'C and if your area has had -30'C---and so on & so on.
I do not wrap, bury, cover, hill up, mulch. That's a lie, I give some new
plants a chicken wire cage from rabbits the first winter.
Do what I say, not what I do-- :-)) Cheers Bert

Bert Dunn Box 352 Schomberg LOG1T0 1-905-880-4453

Sent: Monday, December 04, 2006 7:20 AM