labruscagrape - [OFEX] Mississauga

labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Ontario Fruit Explorers

  • From: "Thomas Olenio" <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: "labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org" <labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [OFEX] Mississauga
  • Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 07:20:15 -0500

Hello all,

I have some questions for those in Mississauga...

In the past we have discussed wrapping grapes to protect them from drying, winter winds. This weekend I found myself in Mississauga (it happens about once a decade) and at the corner of Hurontario and Buramthorpe (sp?), down the center promenade, there were tall narrow trees, wrapped in burlap. They must be 20-25' tall.

Are these wrapped for drying winter winds? What are they? Is Mississauga WINDY in winter? Should we reconsider our winter grape wrapping advice for Mississauga?

Later,