labruscagrape - Re: [OFEX] Elderberry, plus quince and medlar

labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Ontario Fruit Explorers

  • From: "Biz Storms" <biz.storms@sympatico.ca>
  • To: "'Ontario Fruit Explorers'" <labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [OFEX] Elderberry, plus quince and medlar
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 10:04:46 -0400

Hi Tom,

It's nice to know that the quince can grow in our climate zones. Too bad the
dastardly rodents thrive in our climate zones as well.

I'm off to pick Saskatoon berries hopefully later this week - your earlier
postings about the Saskatoons you purchased reminded me. The place where you
can pick your own is just south of Collingwood - which is hosting the Elvis
Festival this weekend - so I'll be careful not to drive north. Exposure to
100 plus Elvis impersonators is truly surreal. My therapy for the last
encounter is still in progress. :-)

And a great weekend to all. Bizmark.