labruscagrape - Re: [OFEX] growing out currant seedlings & another tomato question

labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Ontario Fruit Explorers

  • From: "Biz Storms" <biz.storms@sympatico.ca>
  • To: "'Ontario Fruit Explorers'" <labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [OFEX] growing out currant seedlings & another tomato question
  • Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 15:07:09 -0400

Hi Tom,

I spotted your nafex posting and just had to ask about your currant
seedlings. Did you manage the process the "long way" or do you have another
method up your sleeve?
We're about to go into black currants in a fairly intense way, and I'd love
to find out your approach.

Also, for a previous thought on upside down tomato growing, it might be
interesting to try one with something growing on top, plus another without.
The little plants are all about 5 to 6 inches tall and thriving. They should
be a decent size when planted out - but, what would you think is the minimum
size a plant should be to turn it upside down?

Cheers, Bizmark.