labruscagrape - Re: [OFEX] sources for fruit trees

labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Ontario Fruit Explorers

  • From: "Thomas Olenio" <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: "Ontario Fruit Explorers" <labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [OFEX] sources for fruit trees
  • Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 06:52:44 -0400

Hi Biz,

I have access to Northern Spy. My inlaw's farm orchard has a couple of standard Northern Spy trees that date back to 1918 (in decline). A number of years ago they had Woodwinds graft them a couple on dwarf stock.

The are all pruned this year, but if you need some next year let me know.

They use the Northern Spy for cider, pies and winter storage.

Later,
Tom