labruscagrape - Re: [OFEX] Fw: apple scionwood & tomatoes

labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Ontario Fruit Explorers

  • From: "Thomas Olenio" <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: "Ontario Fruit Explorers" <labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [OFEX] Fw: apple scionwood & tomatoes
  • Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2006 14:09:52 -0400

Hi Biz,

How dwarfing is P22?

I have fully researched upside-down tomatoes. Use a 3-5 gallon pot. Use primarily peat moss potting medium. Cut 2.5-3" hole in bottom of pot. Slip tomato plant in from bottom. Take a paper plate and tear a slit to the center. Slide the slit around the stem of the tomato plant. Fill pot with soil. The paper plate anchors plant and keeps soil in until roots develop. Feed every two weeks.

I am doing four plants this way, this year. I want to expand my yeild without making the garden bigger. I am using determinate plants.

Later,
Tom