labruscagrape - Re: [OFEX] Gene Bank Listing - cider apples - most wanted list

labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Ontario Fruit Explorers

  • From: "Biz Storms" <biz.storms@sympatico.ca>
  • To: "Ontario Fruit Explorers" <labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [OFEX] Gene Bank Listing - cider apples - most wanted list
  • Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 09:46:40 -0500

Hi,

To the best of my knowledge, there was something a few years ago, that prevented shipments from going back and forth, but there is now a discepancy between the different agricultural agencies. Quite simply, we can receive apple material from BC, but BC won't allow anything from outside the province. I have been receiving whips out of BC since 2003, having placed my first order in 2002, but would have to ask someone about whether their provincial guidelines have changed to allow reciprocal shipments. And some websites, like Grimo Nut, indicate current restrictions in other fruiting trees - in their shipping info they state "no Chestnuts to BC".

Does anyone else know the details?

Cheers, Bizmark
Creemore Zone 5

----- Original Message ----- From: "Thomas Olenio" <tolenio@sentex.net>