internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Bad problems with AT&T voice service

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Thomas Beckett <thomas AT tbeckett.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Bad problems with AT&T voice service
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 15:09:43 -0500

"We don't care. We don't have to. We're the Phone Company."

- Lily Tomlin as Ernestine

Judy Hallman wrote:
I wonder if anyone else is having problem with AT&T service. I live in Chapel Hill, Chatham county -- just a mile or so over the county line. About Dec. 19 (a Friday) our phone service went out. Their telephone computer response was that it would be fixed by Monday. Someone called me from Charlotte later on Friday saying the problem was fixed and I "think" he said they were installing U-Verse.

Since then our phone service has been out frequently. Sometimes, like right now, voice is gone for days, but DSL works. Very strange. I reported voice outage Jan 8 or 9, by both phone and email, and their email said it would be fixed the the 11th. Somewhere in there, we got service back. It was gone again on Sunday and I phoned it in. They said it would be fixed by Thursday. It's still not working. I tried calling our number and it rings -- no indication that we can't get the call! The phone system (handset panel and blinking light) say that the phone is "in use."

When I call their repair service, I can't get to a person. I sent another email yesterday.

This is ridiculous! Is anyone else having similar problem?

Judy Hallman
http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

Thomas A. Beckett, JD & MBA Business Law and Consulting
828-713-1668 Hendersonville & Asheville, North Carolina
Law Offices of Thomas A. Beckett, PLLC <http://www.tbeckett.com>