internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Peace in Our Hearts, Peace in the World... and Peace in the Park this Saturday

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Cristóbal Palmer" <cristobalpalmer AT gmail.com>
  • To: idodesign AT earthlink.net, "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Peace in Our Hearts, Peace in the World... and Peace in the Park this Saturday
  • Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2007 10:21:15 -0400

On 9/5/07, Susan LaBarre <idodesign AT earthlink.net> wrote:
> Empirical scientific studies have repeatedly demonstrated that when only 1%
> of a community practices 30 minutes of daily prayer, meditation or quiet
> reflection, local crime rates fall significantly.

Not that I'm doubting you, but could you point me to these studies?
That's a powerful and interesting statement. I'd like to be able to
make that argument myself, but I'd feel uncomfortable doing so without
seeing and referring to the published studies you refer to.

Cheers,
--
Cristóbal M. Palmer
celebrating 15 years of sunsite/metalab/ibiblio: