internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] orphanage project

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Andrew C. Oliver" <acoliver AT buni.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] orphanage project
  • Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2007 21:31:52 -0400

geschwin AT email.unc.edu wrote:

One thing I learned living here in Africa is to NEVER take anything, such as basic utilities for granted. I have had a two week landline telephone outage, frequent power outages (backup generators are a wonderful thing) and frequent water outages (place your bets as to whether water or only gurgling sounds will come out of the spigot once you open the faucet). First water outage I experiences was while I was in the shower with a head full of shampoo. Now that SUCKED!

As I've gotten older, my tendency to shave my head at regular periods has gotten pronounced (which reminds me that I need to do that soon). If you're buzzed you require very little shampoo and hats are more comfortable when in the sun... Just something to consider. I got caught in a similar situation but I was fortunately able to grab a cup of drinking water from our RO system and it was more than enough to remove the shampoo. I don't even own a hairbrush!
--
Buni Meldware Communication Suite
http://buni.org