internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] orphanage project

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Bill Geschwind" <geschwin AT email.unc.edu>
  • To: "'Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/'" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] orphanage project
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 00:07:53 +0100

Point well taken about the latency with a satellite connection. One major
problem I am having with my DSL is that it too has severe latency - more
than what most other subscribers of this DSL service that I know report,
which makes me think that there is something physically wrong with my
connection, but no amount of begging, pleading, screaming, yelling, asking
politely, offering bribes or going up the corporate ladder has been able to
get anybody to fix it yet. My real-world test is to see how tolerable the
lag within Skype is, and with the DSL that I currently have it's pretty
horrendous, and I'm curious how bad it will be with the satellite ISP. For
anything else that I do I think I can tolerate quite a bit of latency.

- Bill