internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] combustion/chemical-free lawn care?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Greg Brown" <gwbrown1 AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] combustion/chemical-free lawn care?
  • Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 15:38:30 -0400

We just picked up an electric weed eater and are quite happy with it.  We purchased the weed eater from The Home Depot.  Kelly prefers electric weed eaters and her old one died.  This one has excellent battery life, light weight, and great power.  I can't find anything I don't like about it.  We go through one battery per back yard and front (just over an acre) with quite a bit of weed eating.

If you can get the 18v cordless Black and Decker Grasshog.  I think you'll like it.

Greg

On 5/20/07, Scott Chilcote < scottchilcote AT earthlink.net> wrote:
Tanner Lovelace wrote:
> Have you considered the mower equivalent of the Roomba?
>
> http://www.friendlyrobotics.com/
>
> "Robomow: It mows.  You don't."
> "Very quiet, virtually silent"
> "No gas, no oil, no emissions"
>
> Cheers,
> Tanner

When they come out with a modification/hack that will take care of the
rabbit that keeps eating our liriope plants down to the ground, I'll get
one.  It's been years since any of these plants has been allowed to grow
to full size in our yard.

And the hostas are starting to look grazed as well...

--
Scott C.
---