internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] combustion/chemical-free lawn care?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Tanner Lovelace" <clubjuggler AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] combustion/chemical-free lawn care?
  • Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 01:45:22 -0400

On 5/18/07, Magnus <magnus AT trilug.org> wrote:
Hey INW,

With rising fuel costs and the apparent likelihood that we've already
reached a peak oil state, I'm looking at ways I can cut back on my use
of combustion engines. I've already started telecommuting a couple of
days a week for the last few months. Now I'm looking at my lawn mower.

Anyone have experience with something like this?
http://www.amazon.com/Scotts-20-Inch-Push-Mower-2000-20/dp/B00004RA3E/

I have about 0.66 acres but with all the big oaks the amount of lawn I
need to mow is quite a bit less than that. I'm probably going to pull
the trigger and buy that mower next paycheck.

Have you considered the mower equivalent of the Roomba?

http://www.friendlyrobotics.com/

"Robomow: It mows. You don't."
"Very quiet, virtually silent"
"No gas, no oil, no emissions"