internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] my dumbness

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Bob Kucera <bobkucera AT verizon.net>
  • To: cristobalpalmer AT gmail.com, jtower AT cerient.net, internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] my dumbness
  • Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 20:51:14 -0400

Thanks Cristóbal,
went through it again using rpm of minicom and ended up at:
configure: error: no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH.
which is where the cutecom ended except referring to QT C++. then i thought - okay i'll install the QT program it was looking for. now i think i understand that the compilers are loaded but my path statement is lacking. i'll look into that now. if its not the path but an actually "no acceptable" C compiler i'll find what is acceptable and install or enable that.

gotta be close. will let you know. still resisting just hooking it up with hyperterminal in 10 secs. this is a good learning exercise for me. been through a lot going round about this.

lets continue offline, since i'm rather embarassed in front of all the INWs . by the way, INW has already been more responsive than I saw on a suse forum where I saw this question asked more than once over a couple years without a good answer. go INWs! when we get it i'll summarize the solution online.

thank you Cristobal.

Palmer wrote:
did you try running it as root the first time? What was the error?