internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] my dumbness

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Jason Tower <jtower AT cerient.net>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] my dumbness
  • Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 12:14:44 -0400

i use minicom all the time on my linux machines to talk to serial devices (cisco hw, sparc systems, managed switches, etc). but you haven't really stated where your problem is, without more detail it's rather hard to help.

jason

Bob Kucera wrote:
I've been trying to install minicom or cutecom on Suse linux to use as the equivalent of ms hyperterminal. I will spare you my whine if you can give hints and tips. will share brewskie when successful.

Having tried it is time to ask - objective is to use linux to connect pc as console to cisco router. the connection is serial port rollover cable to router, configuration for this COM1 would be 9600 bps, 8 data bits, 1 stop bit, no flow control.
Offline or however appropriate; will appreciate help. Online - let me have it, tell me how dumb this question is.

thx.
bob
http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/