internetworkers - [internetworkers] my dumbness

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Bob Kucera <bobkucera AT verizon.net>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] my dumbness
  • Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 12:07:01 -0400

I've been trying to install minicom or cutecom on Suse linux to use as the equivalent of ms hyperterminal. I will spare you my whine if you can give hints and tips. will share brewskie when successful.

Having tried it is time to ask - objective is to use linux to connect pc as console to cisco router. the connection is serial port rollover cable to router, configuration for this COM1 would be 9600 bps, 8 data bits, 1 stop bit, no flow control.
Offline or however appropriate; will appreciate help. Online - let me have it, tell me how dumb this question is.

thx.
bob