internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Difference between LCD monitors and TVs?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Michael Czeiszperger <michael AT czeiszperger.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Difference between LCD monitors and TVs?
  • Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2007 15:51:31 -0500

On Feb 9, 2007, at 2:56 PM, Michael Best wrote:

We bought a 26" LCD TV for $850 with a resolution of 1280x768 that includes
a VGA input. We have a computer, a DVD player and a VCR plugged into it.
The DVD player is also a tuner and amplifier so it accepts audio input from
the other two. The TV has speakers, but they aren't very good.

Do you mind saying what model? I've been looking around for just this very thing, and couldn't find anything under $1500. When you say computer, is that a VGA or DVI connection?

I spent last night picking out a new monitor, picked up a free PowerMac G4 to drive it (sitting in a friend's garage), and headed home. Putting the thing together I noticed a little disclaimer on the docs on the simple ADC to DVI adapter to connect the old PowerMac to the monitor: "Not compatible with Samsung". *@&#(#&# would you believe that's just what I'd purchase?

I used to read, but its faster to just make up stuff. -- Wally
-- michael at czeiszperger dot org, Chapel Hill, NC