internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Difference between LCD monitors and TVs?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: David Minton <dminton AT mindspring.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Difference between LCD monitors and TVs?
  • Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2007 16:03:43 -0500

One reason there is such a difference in price between TVs and monitors, is
resolution. A 27" HD TV is likely no more than 1366x768 pixels, where as a
24" monitor will be around 1920x1200 pixels. A 30" Monitor is likely 2560 x
1600 pixels.

I would think you would get good results connecting a computer to a HD TV
via DVI.

David