internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Creepy noises in my backyard (Tony Spencer) (InterNetWorkers Digest, Vol 40, Issue 3)

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Mitch Amiano <mitch.amiano AT agilemarkup.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Creepy noises in my backyard (Tony Spencer) (InterNetWorkers Digest, Vol 40, Issue 3)
  • Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 11:05:26 -0400

Squirrels do make a slight chirping sound when bothered, something like
the tch-tch sound one might make while wagging one's finger at a naughty
child. But I witnessed something similar and it wasn't squirrels.

I heard some of the same sounds a couple of nights ago, low in a stand
of trees outside my garage. For a moment, I thought someone's parrot had
escaped, because there were a variety of sounds of a tropical quality,
some with deep clear tones. Just weird sounding. Creeping out of the
garage, I saw what I thought were two crows engaged in some sort of
banter with a couple of other smaller birds nearby. They weren't making
their usual calls ("caw caw"), but were making a lot of other weird noises.

internetworkers-request AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:
> Today's Topics:
>
> 1. Creepy noises in my backyard (Tony Spencer)

> Subject:
> [internetworkers] Creepy noises in my backyard
> From:
> Tony Spencer <tony AT tonyspencer.com>
> Date:
> Sat, 13 May 2006 01:06:23 -0400
> "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/";
> <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>

> "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/";
> <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
>

> I'm alone tonight cranking some code and I start hearing some wacky noise
> coming from the back door. I figure its just some cats fighting until I go
> out on the back deck and really get a good listen. I have no idea what was
> making this noise but damn if it wasn't scary! Here is the sound clip that
> I recorded with my digital camera so its not the best.
>
> The clapping noise around 38 seconds is my neighbor trying to stop whatever
> was causing it by clapping. The noise came from high in the trees and
> although you can't hear it on the recording, I heard the sound of branches
> breaking. Any biologists on the list that have a clue what this was? I
> grew up in the country and never heard anything like this.
>

> http://www.notsleepy.com/weirdness2.mov

  • Re: [internetworkers] Creepy noises in my backyard (Tony Spencer) (InterNetWorkers Digest, Vol 40, Issue 3), Mitch Amiano, 05/17/2006