internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] VISA ATM card fraud -- Do merchants save PINs?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Paul Cory <pwcory AT mindspring.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] VISA ATM card fraud -- Do merchants save PINs?
  • Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 23:05:20 -0500

More information about how frequently this is happening locally... The
SECU officer told me that she had been primarily dealing with customers
in this predicament for several days, and that the SECU fraud center had
discovered 25 new such cases this morning.

We actually got a letter from NCSECU informing us that one of our cards might have been compromised, and that a new card and PIN were in the mail.

No strange charges on the account so far, thankfully.

Paul