internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] VISA ATM card fraud

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Chad Ingham <wap AT visi.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] VISA ATM card fraud
  • Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2006 14:10:47 -0500

Same thing happened to my wife and I. Our debit cards just stopped working on Friday and she had to call the bank to find out what the problem was. I would think at the least we would receive mail notification or a customer service call to let us know that we no longer have access to the money in our bank unless we actually visit a location. I expect new debit cards to be in the mail and at my door today or tomorrow or I will be shopping around for a more secure banking institution.

And, no, I have heard nothing about it in the news either. I would think it would be a fairly huge deal.

I use RBC Centura. What do you use? Is it a Visa problem or an RBC Centura problem.
- Chad

Kristen James Eberlein wrote:

What have people heard about a security breach at VISA? Supposedly data (account numbers *and* PINs) for over 27,000 ATM cards got into the wrong hands last week ... My bank officer (SECU) said that this had been in the news, but I haven't seen it ...

K.

http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/