internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] it's friday. let's have fun with a scammer...

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Shea Tisdale" <shea AT sheatisdale.com>
  • To: "'Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/'" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] it's friday. let's have fun with a scammer...
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 14:03:37 -0400

Tell them someone else has bid $1000 for the coffee tables. You found out
they are rare models from a famous designer...I bet they still want
them...lol.

Seriously, though, I recommend you get them to send you the money order via
the mail and then once the money order inevitably proves to be fraudulent,
forward the money order and these correspondences to the local postal
inspectors.

And I know you know this, but for all you kids out there: Don't try this at
home and don't give them any bank information at all.

- Shea Tisdale