internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] pounds and international calling cards

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Tony Spencer" <tony AT tonyspencer.com>
  • To: "'Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/'" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] pounds and international calling cards
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 12:12:51 -0400

Paul,
I travel a lot to the UK and I've had good luck using this card for calling
from US to UK:
http://www.pingo.com/
Its very cheap (something like 3 cents per minute)

I have not found a good card here in the area for the reverse (UK to US).
However, they do sell them in most quick marts for about 5 pound and you get
a ton of minutes.

For getting currency, the cheapest solution is to use the ATM in the UK.
But if you want to give him some immediately I think the Travelex place in
the airport is best. Otherwise I may have about 50 pound at home I would
sell you. I'll check tonight when I get home.

Feel free to email me if you have more questions.

Tony