internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] it's time for new tires

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Marcia <msmartin AT ccbeunet.br>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] it's time for new tires
  • Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 13:20:40 -0300

This TireRack is an interesting idea. They recommend best sellers for your
vehicle and they can ship directly to Fussell tires in Apex (which will
charge
about $10 to install)

hummmm... I may save about 60 bucks even with shipping and installation, and
maybe not have to pay taxes!

I'll take a look at it tonight with more time, but it does sound like a good
idea.

Thanks, and thanks Lyman for the local recommendation too.

Quoting ron thigpen <ron AT fuzzsonic.com>:

> Marcia wrote:
>
> > I'm getting close to 50K miles, and started calling around and quoting new
>
> > tires.
>
> If you don't mind the slight inconvenience, you might consider buying
> your tires online.
>
> The prices are TireRack are usually very much lower than what you'll pay
> at the local tire shop. And, except for a couple of brands they don't
> carry, the selection is probably much better. Their website has a lot
> of information about the products, and my experience with their phone
> sales staff was actually quite good.
>
> You need to figure in shipping and installation costs in order to
> compare fairly. You'll also want to make sure that you order a proper
> tire for you vehicle and wheels. And not mind hauling the tires to an
> installer. (Though they do offer to direct ship to certain installers)
>
> If you meet these requirements you may get a great deal. Figuring all
> of this in, I saved about $100 on my last set of four tires. I think I
> paid about $12-$15 per wheel for mounting and balancing.
>
> YMMV ;)
>
> --rt

WebMail Litoral Internet
www.litoral.com.br