internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] it's time for new tires

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: zman <zman AT shell.neverwhere.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] it's time for new tires
  • Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 11:54:19 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 17 May 2005, ron thigpen wrote:
If you don't mind the slight inconvenience, you might consider buying your tires online.

You need to figure in shipping and installation costs in order to compare fairly. You'll also want to make sure that you order a proper tire for you vehicle and wheels. And not mind hauling the tires to an installer. (Though they do offer to direct ship to certain installers)

And don't forget to figure in rotating and balancing which you will be paying for from here on out. Also it's much harder to pursue any kind of warranty, no one local will want to help you.

If you meet these requirements you may get a great deal. Figuring all of this in, I saved about $100 on my last set of four tires. I think I paid about $12-$15 per wheel for mounting and balancing.

Scott H. Zekanis
zman AT kungfumonkey.com
http://www.rod-o-rama.com
http://www.thehellbenders.com
1960 International B100
1923 Buick Roadster (Dual Quad 425" Nailhead) 1990 Ducati 750 Sport