internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Ethernet router question

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Lyman Green <lymang AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Ethernet router question
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 13:29:29 -0500

On the other end of the spectrum, I've used Asante (and it's what my
dad has) and I've found them to be crap.

And I've had a linksys since sometime in '01, and it's the same one.
It has needed to be reset maybe a dozen times in 4 solid years of
service and it's been on 24/7.

Lyman

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 10:20:06 -0500 (EST), zman
<zman AT shell.neverwhere.org> wrote:
> On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 dave.m.parker AT gsk.com wrote:
> > I'm requesting some advice. I need an ethernet router to share our DSL
> > connection between my PC and my son's Xbox. I was going to go out and get
> > the least expensive router I could find, but my son says he "read
> > somewhere" that getting an inexpensive router is a bad idea, that I should
> > pay more or I'll be sorry.
> >
> > What do y'all recommend?
>
> I'm a big fan of Asante. Though NetGear comes in second. Linksys is pretty
> much crap, I have one at home that locks up about once a day and has to be
> reset.
>
> Scott H. Zekanis
> zman AT kungfumonkey.com
> http://www.rod-o-rama.com
> http://www.thehellbenders.com
> 1957 Buick Riviera Hardtop (2 dr., 425" Nailhead)
> 1959 GMC in Chevy Sheetmetal 1/2 Ton (235" Inline 6)
> 1990 Ducati 750 Sport

". . . No, it is impossible; it is impossible to convey the
life-sensation of any given epoch of one's existence--that which makes
its truth, its meaning--its subtle and penetrating essence. It is
impossible. We live, as we dream--alone. . . ."