internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Ethernet router question

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Evan Zimmerman <evan.zimmerman AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Ethernet router question
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 10:41:08 -0500

I have had ok results with Dlink as well. Not great, but reliable
enough for the price.

To your son's question -- I am aware that they make 'special'
routers/wireless receivers for the Xboxes, but you don't have to use
those (or pay extra for them). The Xbox can plug into most normal
routers just fine from what I've seen.

Evan

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 10:32:14 -0500, Tony Spencer <tony AT tonyspencer.com> wrote:
> I second the nomination for Linksys as a piece of crap. I had one but now
> it lives in the Wake county landfill. NetGear and D-Link have been good to
> me.

Evan

evan.zimmerman AT gmail.com