internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] Ethernet router question

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Sil Greene <quack AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] Ethernet router question
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 10:39:07 -0500 (EST)

actually, my netgear wireless router reboots itself frequently... it's getting the timing down to where i'm always in the middle of an email, say, or trying to play some video. at least with some linksys models you can replace the firmware with something sane.

*shrug* it's all cheap plastic crap anyways.
--s

from Tony Spencer:

I second the nomination for Linksys as a piece of crap. I had one but now
it lives in the Wake county landfill. NetGear and D-Link have been good to
me.

From zman:

I'm a big fan of Asante. Though NetGear comes in second.
Linksys is pretty much crap, I have one at home that locks up about once a day and has to be reset.