internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] why am I not surprised?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: zman <zman AT shell.neverwhere.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] why am I not surprised?
  • Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 15:23:10 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 2 Dec 2004, Chad Ingham wrote:
Okay, first, values/morals do not equal religion. I'll bet money you have values and you may not even be religous.

Yes but the people pimping their morals are pimping their Christian morals.

Now please clarify something for me. You said that there are no moral difference between a true Republic and a true Democrat. This statement throws me off. Abortion. Is this a moral issue? Are there any people who are not neo-con Republicans who believe abortion is morally wrong?

See now you want to confuse Democrat and liberal and Republican and conservative. Democrat does not equal liberal and Republican does not equal conservative. And there are plenty of people who are not neo-cons that believe that abortion is wrong. Luckily a lot of the smarter ones know that just because they believe something it doesn't give them the right push it on everyone else. I believe most practicing Catholics probably fall into this group. I believe that was what John Kerry tried to get across as have a number of others. As for moral differences, the parties usually differ on economics more than anything. Though the Republican was founded to stop the expansion of slavery. Whew talk about an about face right there. The Republican party grew out of the Democratic party in the 1850's in opposition to slavery and elected Abraham Lincoln. Before this time it was basically the Democratic party and the Federalists. Of course if you really knew what the hell you were talking about and not just regurgitating the spin that has been put on politics these days you might have a clue.

Scott H. Zekanis
zman AT kungfumonkey.com
http://www.rod-o-rama.com
http://www.thehellbenders.com
1959 GMC in Chevy Sheetmetal 1/2 Ton (235" Inline 6)
1990 Ducati 750 Sport