internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Liberals

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Paul Smith <paul AT foundryzero.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Liberals
  • Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 09:51:47 -0500

Dan Wilson wrote:

It strikes me as funny how the "Open-Minded" liberals can't accept that they lost the presidency. I see the same levels of obstinance and dogmatic closemindedness as they proport the conservatives to have. There was an election, Bush won, STFU.
If the purpose is to continue to be devisive and segmentational, in order to carve up new population categories for for political targeting, then we are on the right track.

Huh. Er, no.
Actually, I've noticed that liberals have been indulging themselves in typically open-minded reflection on the subject of why things went the way they did... check out recent threads and links to many thus-wise themed articles posted to this list.
Perhaps what you were looking for was for liberals to say, "Bush won, therefore he must have been right all along about Iraq, the economy, taxes, and the environment." Or maybe you were thinking that liberals should just be quiet about those things they disagree with the President on. Or maybe you just want liberals to stop questioning electronic voting, and pointing to incidents of voter fraud.
Sorry, but I just don't see any of those things happening. Think about it for a minute, and I believe you'll realize that no matter how conservative or liberal you might be, you really don't want the other side to just STFU.

--P