internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] RE: Erection

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Sil Greene" <quack AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] RE: Erection
  • Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 15:15:25 -0500 (EST)

Tony Spencer said:
>> http://www.alternet.org/election04/20406/
>
> "Nearly 52 percent of all Americans preferred to simply ignore reality to
> keep their faith in God and the man who is only too happy to play
> messiah."
>
> This democrat is oblivious to the problem with his party. Americans
> aren't "ignoring reality". It is democrats like this writer that
> are oblivious to reality. Those red states don't consist solely
> of uneducated, evangelical rednecks "in pickup trucks who think
> my gay friends are a sin against nature". Categorizing church
> goers and/or those that vote for a Republican candidate as
> intellectually sub-par, simpletons is not the way to boost
> the democrat party.

I think it is a sad dismissal of reality when the country chooses to
continue with the current administration despite said administration's
habitual presentation of its own made-up reality. (eg, 9/11 == {Saddam +
Osama}.) The fact is, we were lied to in order to push us into a war.
The lies were well refuted. The country chose to keep the liars in power
anyways. This either means that the country doesn't know, or doesn't care
to recognize, reality when it bites them on the ass.

I think it boils down well to a charge of "ignoring reality". And we are
ALL guilty as charged.

Granted, the political landscape is entirely covered with bullshit, on
both the left and the right. I think the messages that unity is needed
are spot-on -- it's high time we all shut up and grabbed shovels. If we
all pitch in and work hard, we might be done in time for the next
election.

--One PISSED OFF and Unaffiliated Shoveller