internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Voting experiences

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Edward Wesolowski <edwes AT idisplay.com>
  • To: uzoma nwosu <uzoma.nwosu AT gmail.com>, "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Voting experiences
  • Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2004 13:46:26 -0500

> I had previously corrected my registration card a month ago
Uzi: (I'm not for sure if the story helps, but, fyi) My nephew had a similar situation. Fortunately, tho, we caught it early, before election day. He registered but instead of what it should be, "Siegel," it became listed as "Stigel." We sorted out the error when I couldn't find him at
http://www.sboe.state.nc.us/
in the "Check Your Voter Registration Here" link

Anyway, I was glad I thought to check for him to verify ahead of time. Pain in the butt, however since his handwriting is pretty ...challenged, I could see why "Siegel" could become "Stigel." ...being a forgiving kind of guy (and also since it was worked out early) all was copecetic with the world!

Anyway, I'm glad you got this worked out, and didn't have to stew, uh, too much;-)
Ed W.

At 01:20 PM 11/2/2004 -0500, you wrote:
30 minutes this morning at 7:30a at Northside in CH. Walked in, 3
people in line. I showed my ID immediately (I do this with everything
that might require it or just to make sure that they get my name
right), they can't find me. So I end up in another line where I'll
the racial makeup
to your imagination. I really wasn't a happy camper. I had
previously corrected my registration card a month ago. I don't truly
feel that there is specifically racist with what happened. But when
all the black folk are in one line to get checked out and everyone
else is zipping through, you start getting angry. We all were.

Fortunately, there was a break in the line so the main table went over
everyone in my line a second time. They found me. Their books still
had the spelling error that I had corrected (My old registration card
had my last name with an 'A'. I displayed ID once more, stated my
address, and then voted. Of course, I stewed for about an hour at
Caribou then went home after I cooled off. I got over it and patted
myself on the back for just getting it done. Life moves on...

uzoma