internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Voting experiences

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: uzoma nwosu <uzoma.nwosu AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Voting experiences
  • Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 14:14:26 -0500

On Tue, 02 Nov 2004 13:59:37 -0500, Thomas Beckett <thomas AT tbeckett.com>
wrote:
> Uzi -
>
> I'm going to invoke the maxim, "Never attribute to malice what
> incompetence will explain," and hope your experience was a fluke. In
> some precincts, I'm sure Jim Crow still poops on the windshield of
> democracy. In Chapel Hill, I have a harder time imputing racial bias.

I'm not saying that there was anything racist here though Chapel Hill
is not immune to it. It's just something that I can't help but to
think about and as a black man you have to second guess someone's
intention. Period. That's just survival.

> Bottom line, though, is that I don't wear your skin so I can't tell you
> what happened to you. I'm just hoping it was a fluke.

Well, that's for everyone else in that line to decide. The staff did
their best but we still got frustrated. Fortunately, not one caught
it too bad.

uzoma