internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] OT for even this group: jetta vs. civic

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Jim Ray" <jim AT neuse.net>
  • To: <stan AT StanBriggs.com>, "'Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/'" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] OT for even this group: jetta vs. civic
  • Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 12:42:04 -0400

> background: my ex-wife wants to buy a car for our daughter. she (ex)
> wants to buy a jetta. i want to get a civic. todd is out of town.

[JR>] my wife's jetta is fun; however, 3 of 4 power windows have
malfunctioned in the past 2 years along beside plastic crap falling off and
expensive little $600 parts necessary for repairs.

The Honda civic I used to drive before I opted for my mini van was the most
reliable car I have ever owned. It was butt ugly base model with no
electric windows. You had to open door and kick real hard to accelerate,
though.

So, fun vs. reliable.

Sometimes I wish I still had that little '79 930 instead of mini van. Now
*that* was fun...

The jetta vr6 does have some give up to go and speedometer that also goes up
to 160 mph. on second thought, me thinks the 930 went to 180 even though I
never got over 152 since it wouldn't stay on the ground going around corners
on the interstate.