internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Do all DVRs require subscription services?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Kevin Sonney <ksonney AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Do all DVRs require subscription services?
  • Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2004 09:26:13 -0400

> yeah, and when my first TiVo got hit by lighting, lifetime did me no
> good. I have a nice Sony TiVo sitting on the floor of my office that
> I've been kicking around since '02 because of that. Unfortunately
> there are no options that I could get working to attach it to my
> wireless network.

One thing I like about my DirecTiVo is that all I'm really paying for
on my monthly Satellite bill is an extra Satellite tuner. Maybe the
one box costs me $11/month instead of $5 & change like the other box,
but it's worth it.

I love my TiVo. I wonder how I got along without it now.

--
-- Kevin Sonney
-- ksonney AT gmail.com