internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] republican email

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Tom Boucher <trekkie AT nomorestars.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] republican email
  • Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2004 22:03:37 -0400

On Sep 3, 2004, at 6:41 PM, Ian Meyer wrote:

I (and other members of my family) used to routinely get emails like
this from the conservative in-laws, who probably thought they were
doing their moral duty to try to save us from ourselves and help us to
see the light.

Junk mail button is better, that way your family doesn't think you died.

I'll never forget the look on my mother's face when at 16 I told her if she was going to sign the family name on this church sponsored anti-abortion advertisement that she sign each persons name individually and make sure mine wasn't on it.

Please please please don't take this as a pro/anti abortion fight picking, just a comment that I thought of when I saw that. Personally I'd never want an abortion, but then I can't get pregnant in the first place. We had to try very hard to have our first little one with in-vitro and were even semi-shunned for doing that since 2 eggs were put in and only one came out. Had some 'family friends' decide that was bad, and got rather hostile when I informed them that actually 13 eggs were fertilized.

I sit here watching the now almost 3 year old playing on Playhousedisney.com with a computer and know I did the right thing to work very hard to try and bring that special little life into the world.

Of course for Christmas 2002 we found out our second one was coming that was 'medically impossible' according to the person that did the in-vitro four our first child. So someone was looking out for us, I just don't feel that I could ever want someone in office that feels they need to legislate their someone onto my someone when 2000 years of history wrote and re-wrote the dogma that this someone is built off of.

But what do I know.