internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] republican email

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Michael Czeiszperger <michael AT czeiszperger.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>, Ian Meyer <ianmeyer AT gmail.com>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] republican email
  • Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2004 19:47:51 -0400

On Sep 3, 2004, at 6:41 PM, Ian Meyer wrote:

I (and other members of my family) used to routinely get emails like
this from the conservative in-laws, who probably thought they were
doing their moral duty to try to save us from ourselves and help us to
see the light.

Hey, we all get unwanted email from relatives. My own Mother (bless her heart) is urban legend central. You name it, she'll forward it. Every time I reply with a link to an urban legend debunking site, but that doesn't seem to help.

And that doesn't quite cover the other categories of forwarded email-- pictures of puppies sleeping with kittens, heartwarming tales from the heartland, and warnings about highly unlikely combinations of events.

michael at czeiszperger dot org
Chapel Hill, NC