internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] parade in Chapel Hill

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Evan Zimmerman <evan.zimmerman AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] parade in Chapel Hill
  • Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 16:18:25 -0400

Hmm. Perhaps it's not that parades should only be for minorities, but
rather that most parades are promoting awareness or an agenda of some
type. This one instead seems to be much more interested in mocking an
idea, one which I would say has value -- that of equality.
Heterosexuals aren't exactly an oppressed minority such that they need
to march in the streets.

That said, they have the right to do it, but I'd say it's clearly a
shock-jock stunt, nothing more. Do you welcome the right for licensed
drivers to march in the streets too? Would that have any less benefit
than this?