internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] JavaScript additional notes

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Jeff Clayton" <jclayton AT tfn.net>
  • To: "'Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/'" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] JavaScript additional notes
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 21:10:51 -0400

Much thanks :)

I think that the quirks which are the same apparently on all os's and
browsers, are just an issue of lack of null-data checking at some
points, I will have to spend some time pinning it down, but a week ago I
found one place that was not checking for 'no object selected' and
setting x,y to zero, and so the cards would on an off chance pop to the
upper left of the screen without an error message (it was sending some
data to the default settings) and sometimes it will put a card back to a
mistaken location if there is a null or zero value. I am just amazed it
does so well cross-platform considering the fast development time.

Jeff