internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Processor-Modem-Connection Relationship

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Greg Cox <glcox AT pobox.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Processor-Modem-Connection Relationship
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 01:43:45 -0400 (EDT)

> Someone else suggested I try reducing the MTU of my system, from 1500 to
> 1400. I've been unsuccessful in that so far (ifconfig isn't holding).

OH, hey, yeah, I remember you asked that Saturday. Copying the list since
I can't remember who all was in on this conversation.

On Fedora 1:
/sbin/ip link set dev ethWHATEVER mtu 1400

Looks like you can put a line of:
MTU=1400
in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-ethWHATEVER, too, for after-a-reboot.
Untested, just what a glance at a script seemed to say.

> I'm not sure that's really the answer as far as *down*loading is
> concerned.

Me, either, but, in case Lisa's idea was it..