internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] WalMart Sun Linux

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: David Minton <dminton AT mindspring.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] WalMart Sun Linux
  • Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2004 16:14:22 -0400

While I think CLI's are very useful in current systems, I'm going to file
that quote away--I may be able to use it at some point. For the moment, I'll
just share some quotes in a similar vein:

I think there is a world market for maybe five computers.
- IBM Chairman Thomas Watson, 1943

There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in their home.
- Ken Olson (President of Digital Equipment Corporation) at the Convention
of the World Future Society in Boston in 1977

640K ought to be enough for anybody.
- Microsoft Chairman Bill Gates, 1981

Everything that can be invented has been invented.
- Charles H. Duell, Commissioner, U.S. Office of Patents, 1899

David