internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] Digital video?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Bill Geschwind" <geschwin AT email.unc.edu>
  • To: "'Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/'" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] Digital video?
  • Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 11:34:06 -0500

I asked a similar question here last summer and ended up with an Olympus
C-5050 Zoom, which at the time cost far more than $300, and I have been
very happy with it so far. It is a 5 MP camera with 3X optical zoom.
It's big enough to fit comfortably in my hands, and it has all kinds of
automatic, semi-automatic and manual exposure and focus settings. It has
digital zoom settings which I used once...ONCE, and probably won't be
using again. It can use xD picture cards, smart media, compact flash
cards and IBM microdrives, and I currently use it with a 1GB microdrive,
with which it is unlikely that I will ever run out of storage space no
matter how extensive a trip I go on. It also uses AA batteries, and I
have three sets of high-capacity (1700 - 2100 maH) rechargeable NiMH
batteries and a high-speed recharger that will fully charge a set within
one hour.

I don't have any pictures available online at the time that I am
comfortable sharing with the general public. If you want, I can take a
few around the house later today and post them.

- Bill