internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] Digital video?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Edward Wesolowski <edwes AT idisplay.com>
  • To: "Post" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] Digital video?
  • Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 11:48:15 -0500

I've used a JVC MiniDV video camera (GR D90U) . It has a still picture function that makes pictures that are about 1 megapixel. When I've wanted a still frame, I usually shoot a still, but I've also grabbed still frames from the video. They can work OK, particularly for email/web. The JVC camera has IEEE1394/firewire port. I capture w/Pinnacle Systems Studio software.

I've decided I need better quality stills, tho, so I'm going to an Olympus C-740. I like the 3 megapixel resolution, USB port & 10x optical zoom. (I agree w/Sil's comments about digital zoom. the digital zoom pictures really are hosed!)

The xD memory supposedly uses less batter (4 AA's. I like rechargeable NiMH AA's, ...easier on the environment, but pretty standard if I get caught needing battery power )
Ed Wesolowski