internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Cities that Rock: Pittsburgh, RDU, Denver?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Tom Caswell <derpimpkar AT yahoo.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Cities that Rock: Pittsburgh, RDU, Denver?
  • Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 08:25:05 -0800 (PST)

Frankly, I have no idea how this town made it on the list.  I stalk Pollstar in the hopes bands I like will come to Raleigh and yet the increasingly avoid the area.  Chapel Hill used to be such a buzz and now if it wasn't for the Cradle I think it would be hard to attach any music label to it all.

I'll qualify the last paragraph by saying I'm sure there are local bands that are excellent but I'm tired of driving to Atlanta/DC/maybe Charlotte for a slightly off-the-beaten-path musician.  David Bowie once came to the Creek with NIN and now the closest he'll get is DC.  It's like they'll try this town and find out it's a dump.  I wonder if Clay Aiken would have even stopped by if he didn't live here.  I'm all set if I want to see Toby Keith.

Do you Yahoo!?