internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] If the Supreme Court...

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Phillip Rhodes <mindcrime AT cpphacker.co.uk>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] If the Supreme Court...
  • Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 15:49:00 -0500

James Z. Godwin wrote:

While instant runoff voting would be an improvement, there's a better
method, and it's shockingly simple. Approval voting - simply being
allowed to vote for more than one candidate - would accomplish the same
thing and much more.

Interesting. I'm going to have to spend some serious time looking
at this. Election reform is something that I believe this
country BADLY needs, and up until now I had been a major
advocate of IRV... but if this truly is simpler and
better, I may switch to helping promote this
alternative...

Thanks for the info.

TTYL,

Phil

--
When the 1st Amendment no longer protects your voice.
And when the 4th Amendment no longer protects your privacy or your stuff.

FREE AMERICA
Vote Libertarian
www.lp.org