internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] About the dumbest thing I have ever seen...

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Sil Greene <Sil_greene AT unc.edu>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] About the dumbest thing I have ever seen...
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 13:31:24 -0500 (EST)

Reported 04.01.29 12:04 from childers.paula:

.:No, no - she hammers the diamond setting off the ring and gives it to
.:her best friend who really likes bling, and then attaches a cubic
.:zirconium to the ring with her ex-boyfriend's soldering iron that he
.:left in her attic. The zirconium has a solar-powered green glowing LED
.:embedded in it, and she's really happy because ever since that keychain
.:thingy died, she hasn't been able to see to unlock her car door at
.:night, and now she can. How useful!

Except that the LED is, as specified, solar-powered, and thus won't assist
her seeing anything at night, when, by definition, solar-powered stuff
doesn't get electricity.

So yeah, it's great that she *can* perform such a hack, but it's *really*
*really* *sad* that she can't discern when not to.

--Sil

--
"If you put your supper dish to your ears you can hear the sounds
of a restaurant." --Snoopy (Charles Schultz 02-12-2000 RIP)