internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Re: InterNetWorkers Digest, Vol 12, Issue 28

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Sil Greene <Sil_greene AT unc.edu>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Re: InterNetWorkers Digest, Vol 12, Issue 28
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 13:25:50 -0500 (EST)

.:But again, I might sound somewhat silly, I've just looked all over their
.:website and I see no stated PURPOSE for the machine other than to have one.
.:I think it's important to note that the two more powerful machines in the
.:world are doing earth simulations and weapons research. One would hope that
.:number three was more than a toy.

Honestly, I'd prefer to see such machines put to good uses like earth /
space / meteorological simulations. But frankly, until we can put
the machines doing weapons research to more useful tasks, VT can have
their damn toy. What's a few million dollars wasted there, when we pour
BILLIONS or TRILLIONS into the national military-industrial toilet?

--S

--
"If you put your supper dish to your ears you can hear the sounds
of a restaurant." --Snoopy (Charles Schultz 02-12-2000 RIP)