internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] About the dumbest thing I have ever seen...

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: childers.paula AT epamail.epa.gov
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] About the dumbest thing I have ever seen...
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 12:04:42 -0500

>Bill Geschwind wrote:
>> If he had actually paid for it then yes, he would be dumb for it.
However
>> he got it as a gift, so he didn't spend $3000 on that case. Would I
mod
>> something I got for free into something I could use? Hell yes! He
also said
>> that he did not want to return the $3000 box in order to not piss
off his
>> parents, once again since it was a gift.
>
>Hey, a guy could give his girlfriend a diamond ring costing two month's

>salary. She could then refuse to marry him and grind off the diamond
>setting and wear just the ring part on her right hand. It's still a
>nice ring. And she didn't have to pay for it. Right?
>
>TaB

No, no - she hammers the diamond setting off the ring and gives it to
her best friend who really likes bling, and then attaches a cubic
zirconium to the ring with her ex-boyfriend's soldering iron that he
left in her attic. The zirconium has a solar-powered green glowing LED
embedded in it, and she's really happy because ever since that keychain
thingy died, she hasn't been able to see to unlock her car door at
night, and now she can. How useful!