internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] back to important issues

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: childers.paula AT epamail.epa.gov
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] back to important issues
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 11:53:05 -0500

dry definitely means nothing at all alcoholic, anywhere. Watauga County
(home of Appalachian State) used to be dry, except for the town of
Blowing Rock, which had beer sales, an ABC store, and liquor by the
drink in restaurants. I can't begin to tell you how many "beer runs"
were performed over those 10 miles of curvy mtn roads, campus to beer
store. Driving from NC state campus to Glenwood Ave. or downtown is
nothing, comparatively. The county did begin to allow beer sales in the
mid-80's (and all the keg shops in Blowing Rock dropped like flies), but
you still can't get liquor by the drink anywhere but BR. I think
Sylva/Swain Co.? is dry, even now (home of WCU). No wonder so many of
them do crazy things like creek boating.