internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] back to important issues

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Jeremy Portzer <jeremyp AT pobox.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] back to important issues
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 13:37:53 -0500

On Mon, 2004-01-12 at 11:53, childers.paula AT epamail.epa.gov wrote:

> dry definitely means nothing at all alcoholic, anywhere. Watauga County
> (home of Appalachian State) used to be dry, except for the town of
> Blowing Rock, which had beer sales, an ABC store, and liquor by the
> drink in restaurants. I can't begin to tell you how many "beer runs"
> were performed over those 10 miles of curvy mtn roads, campus to beer
> store. Driving from NC state campus to Glenwood Ave. or downtown is
> nothing, comparatively. The county did begin to allow beer sales in the
> mid-80's (and all the keg shops in Blowing Rock dropped like flies), but
> you still can't get liquor by the drink anywhere but BR. I think
> Sylva/Swain Co.? is dry, even now (home of WCU). No wonder so many of
> them do crazy things like creek boating.

As I mentioned already, Swain Co. is mostly dry but you can buy beer and
wine within the city limits of Bryson City and in Sylva. I don't know
about the ABC and mixed-drinks situation.

--Jeremy

| Jeremy Portzer jeremyp AT pobox.com trilug.org/~jeremy |
| GPG Fingerprint: 712D 77C7 AB2D 2130 989F E135 6F9F F7BC CC1A 7B92 |